Long time readers will know that over the years I’ve moved email providers several times, starting out with POP3 mailboxes on Gradwell, moving some of my domain’s users to Google with forwarders, and for a long period running my own Microsoft Exchange server. On each platform I’ve made use of email suffix matching. I’ll quote from my earlier post about that: Continue reading
I’d encountered a few anomalies with the Exchange 2010 server over the last few weeks, so took the opportunity yesterday to upgrade it to SP1 and the latest Update Rollup. This revealed an annoying feature of – or bug in – Microsoft’s code that loads Transport Agents causing my RegExCatchAll Agent to crash. I also learned something I didn’t know about Powershell.
For a number of years now I have been doing two things with email:
2) I provide email addresses at durdle.com for family members (and a few people who just happen to share the family name).
I always forget this in between using it, so for the benefit of future Howard, here’s how to fix orphaned users resulting from restoring a SQL database to a different machine.